Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Go Directly to Jail



You know that scene in all of the lawyer movies where one attorney scribbles notes on a sheet of paper and passes the paper to the other attorney?

That was me today. Except I'm not an attorney. Generally, my senior attorney does the talking while the junior attorney and I take notes. Today was a little different. The senior attorney was out of the courtroom dealing with a witness and the junior attorney was delivering the closing argument. I was taking notes and the junior attorney was forced to use my notes in his close. In fact, he followed my line of reasoning and we got the conviction on a pretty high level case of fraud.

I consider this my first legal victory. Technically, I didn't say a single word on the record. In my mind, however, I just won the biggest case of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers